Saturday, October 4, 2014

October, 4, 2014 - Nothing Very New.

Gillian is okay! A little banged up, and badly bruised but aside from both of us being really really sore, we're okay. I got to see her today. I brought her flowers. I still feel awful about it all, but I went back to where we crashed today and I tracked where I was and I actually handled the crash really well. I rode on the shoulder of the road for a good bit before the shoulder collapsed into the ditch because there was road work being done. When it collapsed I was able to keep the wheel mostly straight, otherwise it would have flipped. Oh, and I didn't swerve by the way. A lot of people have been informing me that I shouldn't have swerved. Well, I didn't. When I hit the raccoon, the tire popped up and that's when I landed on the soft shoulder of the road. Also, I was not speeding. I was going ten under because we had just taken a U-turn because we went the wrong way. There are a thousand things I could have done that would have been better had I been prepared, but I did exactly what I was taught to do in my safe driving course and was following the road laws. It was just bad luck. Nothing that could have been done. I still can't help but blame myself, and I'm still upset that I in any way contributed to putting Gillian into a dangerous situation, but I am so so glad she's okay. So so glad. She is my life, and the woman that I would be honored to someday have the opportunity to marry.

Anyway, she and I are Skyping right now (despite my internet being GOD AWFUL) so I will likely end this here. I don't have much to say other than that according to the doctor I'm going to be REALLY sore tomorrow, so that'll be fun.

I'll be posting pictures as soon as they upload so if it's today, I'll just "edit" this post and post them here. Otherwise I'll post them tomorrow.


Sign-Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment