Sunday, October 12, 2014

October 12, 2014 - Campbell Trip

Today was a really really good day. This morning I woke up (then I went downtown. To look for a job...Please tell me you caught that reference.) and picked up Gillian. We went to Campbell University from her house to tutor her close friend and my good friend's sister, Courtney in Statistics!

Today was the first day since 2010 that I have even looked at any computational statistics, and lemme tell you, it felt great. I used to LOVE stats due to having the world's greatest teacher, Mr. McNulty. Every class I had with him was engaging, relevant, and made me leave the class wishing it was longer. Mr. McNulty was actually my physics teacher and was the one to inspire me to learn more physics in college. He ended up having to quit teaching because it was financially a better idea for him to do that, but he was a legend for sure and an inspiration to everyone who took his class.

Needless to say, Mr. McNulty's lessons stuck with me still through the years and when I was helping Courtney out, I only had to review for a few minutes before teaching the lessons again. It felt great to be doing stats again and really made me miss those classes. I'm also thinking I'm going to write a program in C to solve binomial experiments just for fun!

After that we went to the Quizno's on campus and to my disappointment they removed torpedoes from the menu. Regardless, the sandwich I ended up getting was AMAZING and Gillian really liked hers too, so it worked out well. We also ran into one of Gillian's teachers there and we talked for a bit.

After that we went to my place and told each other stories of our past and stuff. It was really nice sharing everything with each other. Gillian's a really good listener and I trust her with everything. Which says a lot. I have a hard time trusting anyone. There have been several times in my past where people I trusted with my life have screwed me over and backstabbed me, but Gillian is the most trustworthy person I know and for that I am extraordinarily grateful.

After that we drove back to her place and the whole way home we belted out show tunes from Little Shop of Horrors and RENT. God, am I lucky to have her in my life. I have never had anyone, much less someone I'm in a relationship with, who loves belting show tunes as much as I do. She really should see Chicago. I think she'd enjoy it. Also Rocky Horror Picture Show. She's not seen it. Can you believe that? What thespian hasn't seen Rocky Horror Picture Show????? DAMNIT JANET!!!!!!

Came home, had some soup and now I'm about to watch Child's Play 4: The Bride of Chucky. These movies are really stupid and not even remotely scary, but they're so stupid that they're funny, and I'm already half way through the series, so why not watch the rest?

Well, I reckon I'd better get back to the movie. I hope you all had an awesome day!

Sign-Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment