Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014 - Moving a Mattress

Okay, so my title is a bit misleading. It wasn't a mattress we were moving. It was a box spring.

There's this group I belong to on Facebook called "Free and for Sale" that is a subgroup from NC State. In it someone mentioned that they needed help moving some stuff with a truck and so I posted that I could be hired to do so. Since then I've been contacted by a few people about moving things and today I was hired to move a box spring. It went pretty well. The girl who hired me seemed to be really nice and even offered to help, despite paying me to do it.

After that my father and I went to the Reader's Corner in Raleigh and I bought a bunch of Mozart and Bach vinyl records for two bucks, so that was really cool. I REALLY love that bookstore. They are very well-priced and have an amazing selection. I highly recommend stopping by if you're in the NCSU/Raleigh area.

After I bought the records we went to Snoopy's and I got an amazing chicken salad sandwich. Their food is excellent. I don't usually like chicken salad, but theirs is so amazing that I forget that I don't! The fries are perfect too. Really crispy on the outside, but fluffy and full on the inside. I love that place.

On the way home we stopped by the Harley place and drooled over the beautiful bikes, and then looked at a few car lots for El Caminos. We didn't find any that were reasonably priced unfortunately, but we're still looking. Never give up!

Which reminds me of this video that you should watch if you ever get discouraged: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

Jessie, my sister from another mister showed me that a while back and I thought it was very helpful when I felt discouraged.

We finally got home and I almost immediately had to leave for class. Before leaving for class I made some new tea that is supposed to be good for the stomach and Skyped Gillian while it was steeping. In class the "substitute teacher" today taught us art! It was actually really fun, even though I am AWFUL at art. We drew abstract pictures, so it was okay that I was bad. In fact, the class seemed to like mine the best, which I found really funny given that I'm so bad at art.

The second "teacher" today forgot that she was signed up for today for her lesson so we ended up ending class early since she wasn't ready. I honestly thought she'd signed up for Wednesday too, but I guess not. Oh well. Early dismissal is always fun!

I got home and mom is making fajitas. This makes me very very happy. Fajitas are amazing. So far I don't have much else to say, but if something particularly great happens before the day is over I'll update.

OH! I almost forgot to mention that Child's Play 4: The Bride of Chucky was HILARIOUS. Like, really really stupidly funny. I am excited to watch CP5: The Seed of Chucky later on, maybe tonight!

Sign-Off.


No comments:

Post a Comment